Tuesday 24 June 2008

Getting Indexed and PageRank

So youve created your synthasite website, but its not showing up in Google searches. Firstly you will need to get indexed by Google. The best way to think of Google is like a "Library" and you need it to have a copy of your "book" so that people can read it.

Your website needs to be submitted to Google so it can be searched for and this can take several months to happen after you submit it.

Ive read a great tip to speed this up but you will need to download the Google toolbar. Once you have the toolbar go to settings, then options, then more and check the box next to pagerank and page info. This will display the pageRank tool in the toolbar.

PageRank is a guide to how important Google thinks that specific webpage is based on a 0 to 10 ranking. This is page specific not site specific. So a website can have a PageRank 3 on say its homepage and no PageRank on all its other pages or it could be PageRank 1 on all pages.

If you can get a link to your website from a PageRank 6 or Higher (7,8,9 or 10) Google will index your website within 24 Hours.

I only found this out after i had already been indexed, but i got afew friends to link to me from Facebook and it still went through very quickly.

PageRank is improved by getting Links to your website from pages with a higher Pagerank then your page.

Heres a link to my website for those that dont know what a link is: http://www.cmdceramics.com/tiler-london.php

3 comments:

Bengo said...

I have a PR 6 site with about 150 pages. Included are numerous sections that link to other webcomics sites, as my site is a directory.

If I link to someone, say a brand new webcomic, on an interior page, can I assume they will benefit from my PR 6 status and be indexed within 24 hours?

Or does it depend on the PR of the page I link to them on?

Olasoftware Engineering Work said...

i will like to publish my website in this web
http://olasoftware.webs.com/

LTheLifeGuider said...

Hey this is my site:
www.homeworkhelpline.yolasite.com